On December 26th, St Stephen's Day, Steve, Yvonne, Brandon and Chad headed 90 minutes south to Zakopane to get in a day of skiing.
While driving south, Yvonne was reading about the gothic wooden churches which could be found in parts of the countryside.
After being in Krakow several days, the coutryside and mountain peaks were stunning. The wind and 'warmth' of the past week had left only one place to ski. Their ski season typically does not start till the following week.
Although this slope was more comparable to Liberty, you could not beat the price. All day equipment and lift tickets for about $30.00. I'm there!
The Zakopane area was considered a resort area.
The highlanders of the area sold their sheep cheese everyhwere.
Highlights from this restaurant: Chad - potato pancakes; Steve-warm spiced beer and honey vodka.
Smoke filled restaurants serving local fare invariably offered sheep cheese, meat, potatoes, stew, some kind of "white" salad (cabbage, carrots, etc.) and many types of vodka. I couldn't wait to get to France, so I could order some green salad!
No comments:
Post a Comment